Customer Service Technician-Crary Bear Cat
Reports to (Position) OPE Customer Service Technician Supervisor
To engage in support activities required for the service of Crary Bear Cat products. Duties include but are not limited to telephone marketing, assist with materials needed by our distributors, order entry, support activities of the Marketing Manager, Sales Manager, Service Manager and the Marketing and Sales Coordinator.
The scope of role (revenue impact, risk level managed/associated with the role, P&L managed, etc.)
The OPE Customer Service Representative must exhibit pro-active Product Support efforts for the Crary Bear Cat Product Line. Individual must be able to work closely with and understand various considerations of the following departments: engineering, production, marketing, and accounting. Individual must have a good functional understanding of customer service principles and the importance of applying them in all instances.
- Timely response to customer calls or electronic communication related to Crary Bear Cat products. Obtain pertinent information through fact finding and consultation and evaluate and assess customer’s reported issue.
- Consults with customers to establish needs and offer the most appropriate solutions providing the most gracious and highly professional service with patience and care.
- Provide technical support and troubleshooting to diagnose and resolve product technical issues over the phone, via video chat, or occasionally onsite in person.
- Explore issue root cause, give recommendations, and document for continued improvement.
- Ensure customer is communicated with through to resolve.
- Coordinate with and communicate well with various internal departments to provide proper service to customer, Sales, Engineering, Production, Shipping, etc.
- Comprehend customer requirements and make appropriate recommendations.
- Build positive relationships with customers. Often are a liaison with customer on behalf of the company, so friendly attitude is required.
- Follow company internal and field procedures and protocols.
- Create media tools regarding equipment operation, safety, and service troubleshooting.
- Customer Focus
- Results Orientation
- Functional Expertise
- Attention to Detail
- Decision Making
Education (technical and/or commercial):
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
Job experience (years and type of experience):
- Should have a good fundamental understanding of Outdoor Power Equipment (OPE) and its operation. This understanding is preferably acquired through a time of direct use of the equipment. Individual should have some experience in sales related activities. Experience in Outdoor Power Equipment (OPE) related products, and some involvement in both wholesale and retail sales is preferred but not mandatory
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Proven customer service technical experience.
- Ability to troubleshoot, test, repair, and service equipment.
- Ability to travel if required.
- Familiarity with equipment and tools.
- Basic computer skills; Outlook, ordering systems, reporting systems/CRM, Microsoft Office Suite.
- Positive attitude and emotional intelligence.
- Bilingual/Spanish fluency
The qualifications listed above are guidelines. Other combinations of education and experience could provide necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform this job.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and celebrate our employees’ differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Job Type: Full-time