Electrical Engineer – Lockwood Division
We are currently seeking a full time Electrical Engineer for our Lockwood division. This role will be based in the West Fargo location.
The Electrical Engineer is responsible for creating software applications for the control of hydraulic systems along with electrical schematics and related documentation for product electrical systems, suggest potential improvements to electrical designs to improve cost, quality, and performance, route electrical harnesses in 3D and develop final harness specifications, provide technical support to marketing, manufacturing, quality, and supply management, and manage priorities independently and communicate with the customer frequently through a variety of communication channels.
Select and integrate electrical and hydraulic components into machine systems and develop application software; soliciting observations from operators. Assures product quality by designing electrical testing methods; testing finished products and system capabilities.
· Design electric over hydraulic control systems for potato planting, harvesting, and handling equipment including: plan, design, implement, test, deploy, and maintain software
· Research and recommend components for the design such as sensors, user interface, and hydraulic components
· Harness design and routing using CREO
· Provide CAD information and support to Manufacturing during prototype build and production
· Development and processing of accurate Bill of Material (BOM’s) and Engineering Change Notice (ECO’s)
· Support development of service manuals and part books
· Maintain confidentiality and security of sensitive designs, costing, test data, prototype models and product plans
· Stay current on the latest computer design systems and programs, material development, tooling, design aids, manufacturing processes and new technologies applicable to company products
· Continually review designs for cost effectiveness, manufacturing improvements and increased quality
· Stay informed of the latest competitor designs applicable to company products
· Be open to travel when required to document or support new and current products, or to gain product knowledge via trade shows or customer visits
· Identify new ideas, products and/or features that improve customer satisfaction, reduce costs and keeps Lockwood product line at the forefront of industry
· Troubleshoot issues within production. Analyze situations to determine root cause and then implement resolution
· Apply concurrent engineering techniques on all projects
· Participate in and encourage the highest level of quality, efficiency, and professionalism with co-workers Communicate effectively with co-workers and encourage their efforts. Promote personal and group interaction with product, the dealer and customer to stay close to the product
· Contribute to product design guidelines and engineering procedures for Crary
· Assists and performs product design and other duties as directed
· All other duties as assigned
BS or MS in electrical engineering or equivalent with emphasis in controls preferred
3 years relevant engineering experience
- Knowledge of hydraulic circuit design a plus
- Off highway equipment design experience preferred
- 3D (CREO) modeling software with harness and hose routing experience would be beneficial
- J1939 CAN, ISO-11783, Danfoss +1 Plus 1 and C programming
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Thorough knowledge of manufacturing concepts
- Thorough knowledge of electrical engineering fundamentals
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Multi-tasking and priority setting skills.
- Self-sufficient and self-motivated to achieve, with ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment.
- Continually builds job knowledge and expertise
- Positive attitude, leadership skills, and a commitment to Crary Industries values