Information Technology Manager/Network Engineer
Crary Industries is seeking an Information Technology Manager/Network Engineer to join our team. This role is based in the West Fargo location.
This position would be a working managers position, supporting and working with IT staff to implement and compete projects as needed. The IT Manager/Network Engineer will work closely with other department heads to identify hardware or software needs and provide implementation and evaluation of multiple complex technology initiatives, capabilities or functions.
· 50% – Maintaining computer networks including servers, VPNs, router, and other physical hardware. Installing and configuring network equipment, keep data and communications protected, maintaining current knowledge of security and networking best practices to offer the best solutions and protection to company systems.
· 25% – Oversee the operation of the IT department to ensure it aligns with the business objectives of the organization. Manage IT department operational planning including business requirements, project planning, and organizing and negotiating the allocation of resources. Plan, coordinate, design, and direct all operational activities of the IT department.
· 25% – Formulate and deploy long-term strategic plans for acquiring and enabling efficient and cost-effective information processing and communications technologies, including Crary Industries Inc., Lockwood Stores, and all (future) subsidiary companies.
· Work closely with decision makers in other departments to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organization.
· Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the organization’s executives, department heads, and end users regarding pertinent IT activities.
· Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for IT spending and initiatives.
· Manage the maintenance and enhancement of hardware and software systems that support field business applications and local area networks/wide area networks (LAN/WAN) for employees.
· Ensure uninterrupted IT network support by setting and communicating maximum performance standards to employees.
· Authorize and oversee the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, and support of all hardware, software, and communications systems based on department need.
· Oversee provision of end-user services, including help desk and technical support services.
· Define and communicate project milestones and resource allocation to executive team, department leads, support staff, and end users.
· Develop and implement all IT policies and procedures.
· Manage IT staffing, including recruitment, supervision, scheduling, development, evaluation, and disciplinary actions.
· Review performance of IT systems to determine operating costs, productivity levels, and upgrade requirements.
· Develop and review IT department budgets.
· Develop bid requirements for all hardware and software upgrades.
· Provide guidance for operational planning and execution of IT solutions for Lockwood Stores and all (future) subsidiary companies.
· Deliver exceptional customer service to end-users.
· Make recommendations and/or implement solutions while thoroughly documenting all steps.
· Assist other IT functions as needed.
· Deliver Crary Industries Brand and Customer Touchpoints.
· Support Crary Industries’ values.
· Maintain regulatory compliance and confidentiality and security of company.
Duties within this job may be essential to the restoration of services outside of normal business hours. Individuals in this job are required to answer such calls.
BA/BS in Information Technology, Computer Science, MIS or related field or equivalent work experience
· Minimum five (5) years’ directly related experience, two (2) years management experience preferred.
· Previous experience as a network engineer or network installer is preferred.
· Experience as a project manager for network activities.
· Considerable knowledge to analyze, design, develop, and implement manufacturing application solutions in a production environment.
· Considerable knowledge of the organization and operation of a manufacturing facility.
· Considerable knowledge of general management principles and modern office practices.
· Proven experience and success with LAN, WAN, and VPN design and implementation.
· Deep understanding of capabilities of enterprise network routers and firewalls.
· Proven experience with network capacity planning, network security principles, and general network management best practices.
· Excellent hardware troubleshooting experience.
· Extensive application support experience with network monitoring and analysis software.
· Demonstrated ability to lead technical teams through complex system implementation initiatives while dealing with change and meeting schedule and budget objectives
· Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, and have good public relations skills.
· Ability to supervise personnel in a manner conducive to efficient performance and high morale.
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
The qualifications listed above are guidelines. Other combinations of education and experience could provide the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform this job
Equal Employment Opportunity:
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and celebrate our employees’ differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.