IT Applications Administrator/Web Developer
Crary Industries is seeking an IT Applications Administrator/Web Developer to join our team. This role will be base in the West Fargo location.
To bring business and information technology (IT) together by understanding the needs and limitations of both.
Manage ERP software/database as well as other software applications to minimize downtime, communicate with multiple software packages, and develop reporting for end users. Manage all aspects of company websites from development to implementation. This position will also support other IT staff to diagnose, trouble shoot and resolve hardware, software and network issues.
Key Activities/Responsibilities :
Manage Software Applications
- Responsible for managing all aspects of the organization’s ERP software/database.
- Ensure reliable performance of system while minimizing downtime
- Communication with multiple software packages
- Develop reporting
- Troubleshoot and resolve any hardware, software, user access or other problems
- Responsible for managing all other software applications utilized by organization.
- Responsible for development and managing organization’s websites.
- Proficiency in programming languages
- Understanding of search engine optimization (SEO) practices
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solution-oriented and high-level programming skills
- Ability to troubleshoot and optimize web pages for security and responsiveness
- Understanding of network diagnostics and analytical tools
- Integrate web sites with other software applications
Support all other areas of IT
- This position will support other IT professionals in the department as directed.
- Deliver exceptional customer service to end-users.
- Make recommendations and/or implement solutions while thoroughly documenting all steps.
- Deliver Crary Industries Brand and Customer Touchpoints.
- Support Crary Industries’ values.
- Maintain regulatory compliance and confidentiality and security of company data
- Participate in an afterhours/holiday on call rotation.
- Collaborate with system analyst in conceptualizing and development of new software programs and applications.
- Assist in the definition, development, and documentation of software’s business requirements, objectives, deliverables, and specifications on a project-by-project basis in collaboration with system analyst, internal users and departments.
- Assist in defining software development project plans, including scoping, scheduling, and implementation.
- Research, identify, analyze, and fulfill requirements of all internal and external program users.
- Consistently write, translate, and code software programs and applications according to specifications.
- Write programming scripts to enhance functionality and/or performance of company applications as necessary.
Education (technical and/or commercial):
· Bachelor’s degree preferred, in Computer Science or related area, or the equivalent
· SQL, Oracle database
· PHP, CMA, WordPress, mySQL
Job experience (years and type of experience):
- Minimum 5 years of experience in software application administration and web development.
- Preference for experience in the following: MSSQL, Oracle database, PHP, CMA, WordPress, mySQL Crystal reports
- Experience in ERP database management
- Broad knowledge of MSSQL
- Knowledge of Oracle database structure
- Knowledge maintaining large ERP databases, as well as backup best practices
- Web security protocols
- Understanding of industry best practices documentation standards.
- Computer proficiency including windows, MS Office suite, and web-based systems in general.
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Multi-tasking and priority setting skills.
- Familiarity with Linux operating systems preferred.
- Familiarity with VMWare preferred.
- Self-sufficient and self-motivated to achieve, with ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment.
- Continually builds job knowledge and expertise.
- Positive attitude, leadership skills, and a commitment to Crary Industries values
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Operate office equipment, including PC, telephone, mobile phone, fax and photocopier.
- Talk and hear, use hands to write and to finger keyboard, telephone, mobile phone and other office equipment, and to handle other objects. Frequent walking, sitting, standing, reaching with hands and arms, and bending. Close and distant vision and ability to focus
- Perform duties requiring a full range of motion to install, test, maintain and repair computer equipment and systems.
- Interact with others.
- Move 50 pounds for 15 yards.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and celebrate our employees’ differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.