Lockwood Service Manager
Crary Industries is seeking a Lockwood Service Manager to join out team. This role will be base in the West Fargo location.
Responsible for service operations to ensure internal and external customer satisfaction. Grows profitable service labor sales and exercises disciplined expense control.
Oversees the overall performance of the Service Department and is accountable in meeting revenue, gross margin, and profit & loss goals as defined in the annual and monthly profit plan. Manages customer relationships, the productivity of department staff, and the quality of service.
· TECHNICAL SERVICE: To be a resource person to engage in technical service calls: to troubleshoot mechanical and operational problems. Advise dealer on the correct parts to order to correct the issue.
· CUSTOMER SERVICE: To follow up on customer related problems such as order tracking, shipping shortages, damage, ordering mistakes, product return requests, etc. All customer issues are to be entered into IFS or other database provided by Crary Industries for tracking purposes. Quality process and improvement communication with dealers.
· DEALER/DISTRIBUTOR SUPPORT: To engage in customer support to dealers: This includes the development of service manuals, flat rate charts, service videos, Technical service bulletins (TSB) and enhancement of web based avenues of communication.
· WARRANTY SERVICE: Receive & review all warranty claims received from dealers. Requires decision making on the correctness or validity of claims and provide resolutions for the claim. Processing of claims & follow through to Accounting. Provide warranty info to Engineering for correcting problems & product enhancement.
· SERVICE TRAINING: Conduct service training schools on all Lockwood products at the factory. Tailor training material for specific dealer onsite training.
· SURVEYS: To create and implement regular customer “surveys” related to product satisfaction and service satisfaction. To devise and implement other strategies for determining level of customer satisfaction with all products, including performance, reliability, packaging, and delivery.
· OTHER: To be willing as called upon to engage in other activities on behalf of Crary Industries. These may include show or other sales activities, testing, in field repairs and check fit, as determined by the Business Unit Director to be in the best interest of Crary Industries with regard to other available personnel. Possible additional assignments may include expediting service item requirements and parts forecasting. Follows all safety rules and regulations in performing work assignments.
· Associates or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
· Equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted.
· Previous agricultural industry or equipment dealership experience preferred.
· Prior management experience preferred.
· 5+ years of experience performing service repairs.
· Must have a high level of technical competence in the Ag. Service area.
· Ability to operate and understand mobile equipment.
· Possess mechanical skills to perform maintenance tasks.
· Ability to troubleshoot, test, repair and service technical equipment.
· Extensive experience with hydraulic systems & electronic controls.
· Demonstrate sufficient knowledge of agricultural equipment repair to inspire confidence in fellow employees and customers.
· Proficient with engineering drawings.
· Be capable of interpreting financial data and understand cost, overhead, and margin requirements to achieve the financial goals as determined in the annual operating budget.
· Maintain and cultivate professional relationships with fellow employees, company owners, customers, and product vendors.
· Maintains a clean and safe working environment, attention to unloading / loading trucks and moving equipment.
· Ability to handle stressful situations professionally.
· Ability to effectively communicate with employees and customers, both in a one-on-one and group setting.
· Strong organization skills and internal drive to see tasks through to completion.
· Strong training and coaching skills.
· Ability to use standard computer applications such as MS Office as required to fulfill the essential duties of the position.
· Valid driver’s license.
**While performing job functions the employee will be required to talk and hear most of the time. The employee will spend frequent intervals moving and sitting, while also needing to reach, bend, twist, crawl, crouch, stoop or kneel. The employee will need to be able to lift up to 75 pounds frequently and maneuver on and off a mobile equipment. The physicality of this job is high.
The qualifications listed above are guidelines. Other combinations of education and experience could provide necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform this job.
**This is a safety sensitive position**