Product Safety and Compliance Specialist
Crary Industries is seeking a Product Safety and Compliance Technician to join our team.
The product compliance specialist performs various functions, which primarily involves ensuring product safety and compliance of regulatory requirements or standards in their particular industry of operation, as well as in countries where Crary products are sold. The Product Compliance Specialist revises compliance record keeping programs in response to the changing needs of the organization and governmental agencies.
The Product Compliance Specialist will be responsible to enforce regulatory laws / standards / processes with program teams and will participate in the development of a more proactive product compliance program by ensuring all regulatory impacts are accounted for throughout the lifecycle of our products. The Product Compliance Specialist is responsible for supporting product compliance from project kickoff through end of life.
· Research and communicate safety and compliance requirements relating to current products, new product categories, and expansion of sales to new regions.
· Maintain relationships with codes, standards, and regulatory organizations.
· Responsible for environmental compliance related activities.
· Interpret, communicate, and ensure all environmental regulations and standards are adhered to as they impact the company products, processes, components, or facilities.
· Lead regulatory influencing through interactions with Agencies, Trade Associations and Standards Development Bodies and participate in technical standard development on behalf of Crary.
· Apply specialized knowledge and practices across various areas and projects.
· Support design engineering in identifying and addressing safety concerns.
· Review and approve instruction manuals, warning labels and other product safety documentation.
· Consult with and advise design engineering on relevant and appropriate standards for certification.
· Develop corporate procedures related to product safety and compliance and assist in their implementation.
· Monitor new and revised worldwide product compliance regulations and provide guidance to design engineering on how these regulations apply to Crary products.
· Create and contribute to internal library of current US and International standards and regulations.
· Take part in Product Quality Risk Assessments projects to spot and quantify safety and compliance risks, and develop mitigation plans
· Plan and execute ongoing testing and compliance documentation updates for active products
· Maintain records to support safety and compliance
· Support the investigation and problem solving for safety or compliance issues
· Contribute to policies and processes to assure safety and compliance
· Lead and direct internal product teams’ leadership and cross-functional teams on compliance-related issues.
· Create practices to ensure product safety.
· Bachelors or Associates Degree in business management and/or administration, engineering, regulatory compliance, environmental studies, or related field (or equivalent working experience)
· 3+ years of experience in a compliance role or similar; experience in a manufacturing setting is a plus.
· Change agent.
· Experience providing support in the interpretation and implementation of requirements and participate in compliance reviews for high priority programs.
· Experience leading regulatory influencing through interactions with Agencies, Trade Associations and Standards Development Bodies.
· Experience maintaining compliance processes.
· Project management experience and demonstrated successful results in small projects.
· Experience working on and/or leading cross-functional teams involving multiple corporate stakeholders.
· Competence in interpreting product regulations and providing guidance to design engineering.
· Experience documenting product regulatory processes and procedures.
· Strong engineering/technical aptitude.
· Familiar with industrial product safety standards and European Directives
· Demonstrated experience in assuring product compliance with regulatory requirements, and knowledge of product development and manufacturing.
· Convey information, including complex technical requirements in clear terms to people of various backgrounds.
· Skillful in data entry and Microsoft Office applications, such as Excel & PowerPoint.
· Have knowledge of problem-solving techniques and strategies, including root cause analysis.
· Have a curious mind to recognize and resolve potential safety and compliance issues before they occur.
· Effectively plan and prioritize activities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and celebrate our employees’ differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.