Senior Project Engineer – Crary Bear Cat
Crary Industries is seeking a Senior Project Engineer to join our Bear Cat team. This role will be based in the West Fargo location.
Responsible for leading design and development of new products for the outdoor power equipment market. The Senior Project Engineer will utilize engineering skills to contribute to the development and qualification of new products and maintaining the designs of existing products for the Outdoor Power Equipment business unit.
This hands-on position will require an individual with strong project management skills with an emphasis on new product development and commercialization of proven designs as well as oversight of strategic cost takeout initiatives. This position will work closely with resources inside and outside the organization to complete key projects / programs.
· Participate in engineering design through all phases of the product development, project management, prototype, pre-production, maintenance.
- Generate and maintain product designs.
- Idea generation for new products.
- Drive development of new products from concept through production.
- Develop and effectively communicate these ideations through existing supplier network.
- Work both in the Lab and in the field.
- Ensure time, cost and quality goals are met for assigned projects.
- Work in a cross functional team environment of engineers, test technicians, manufacturing, purchasing, marketing, and technical publication functions in product design. Lead and report at project status meetings with cross functional team.
- Ability to communicate with suppliers regarding purchase component requirements.
- Understanding of regional regulations and standards to ensure Crary Bear Cat products comply with regulations globally on an ongoing basis.
- Interface closely with production and purchasing to identify, approve suppliers, conduct design and drawing reviews, and deviation requests and provide support.
- Participate in and support research of current product performance shortcomings with respect to function, reliability, and usability.
- Use appropriate engineering techniques to produce cost effective designs with safety, environmental regulations.
- Travel to distributor and customer sites, to participate in the product evaluation process and to resolve problems, & manufacturing support up to 25%.
- Participate in software, policy and procedure training and stay up to date.
· Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar technical field or equitable work experience.
· Experience in Outdoor Power Equipment, Agricultural or Industrial tools/equipment industry.
· 5+ years of experience in an engineering role
- Knowledgeable in design for manufacturing.
- Familiar with material requirements planning system and bill of material creation.
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex technical problems and see the solution implemented to a high level of accuracy & quality.
- Ability to work independently to create and execute a project plan based on general direction, within timeline and cost requirements.
- Capable of working as a member of a team across several cross functional disciplines, including with external stakeholders.
- Exposure to test methods and analyzing results.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Familiar with Engineering change orders.
- Experience working in 3D CAD environments.
- Experience with electrical circuits and product electrification.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
The qualifications listed above are guidelines. Other combinations of education and experience could provide necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform this job.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and celebrate our employees’ differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
|Created:||November 4, 2021|