Shipping/Receiving Associate – $1500 Sign On Bonus
$1500 Sign On Bonus with Monthly Payouts!
POSITION OBJECTIVE AND PURPOSE
Under general supervision, packs, ships and receives product and materials. Safely operates fork truck to transport parts material and product to/from various locations in a manner, which will consistently support the timely delivery of undamaged products to our customers.
- Read and interpret customer orders.
- Use the appropriate computer packages in adherence to established policy.
- Maintain accurate inventory through appropriate transactions.
- Be able to read/understand engineering prints.
- Stock and retrieve product from storage locations.
- Prepare product for transport.
- Load and unload trucks.
- Operate forklifts in a safe manner.
- Operate overhead hoists in a safe manner.
- Capability of loading and unloading heavy equipment in a safe manner.
- Operates all required equipment needed to perform the job safely.
- Uses the manufacturing computer software programs to enter time/payroll information, job information, etc.
- Maintain tools, equipment and work area in a neat and orderly manner.
- Keeps supervisor informed of job-related problems and other information related to work activity.
- Participate in the organization and layout on a continuous basis to achieve the best efficiency and material flow.
- Constantly strives for improvement in quality, delivery, cleanliness and cost.
- Performs all functions plus provides training and work direction required for Shipper/receiver B employees.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties performed by personnel so classified.
- Performs other work-related duties as required.
SAFETY EQUIPMENT REQUIREMENTS
The following personal protective equipment must be worn at all times while on the production floor performing the duties of the position:
- Steel Toe Shoes
- Safety Glasses with permanent side shields, hearing protection as needed.
Graduation from high school or equivalent.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS PREFERRED
At least 6 months to 1 year related fork truck or shipping receiving experience preferred
- Ability to organize and perform work in a timely and effective manner.
- Strong working knowledge of the shipping receiving process.
- Strong working knowledge of related safety requirements to include proper use of safety equipment and proper safety precautions.
- Ability to understand, follow and understand routine oral and written instructions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
The qualifications listed above are guidelines. Other combinations of education and experience could provide necessary knowledge, skills and abilities to perform this job.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of the job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND ENVIRONMENT
The position has reasonable and safe working conditions in general, but requires the proper use of safety equipment and proper knowledge of safety precautions to maintain the reasonable working conditions. Includes exposure to elevated noise levels and continuous manufacturing process activity. The individual may encounter moderate emotional strain or tension and will constantly be exposed to standing, moderate lifting (up to 50 pounds) and other environmental conditions normally present in a modern manufacturing plant.