Tool Designer – $1500 Sign On Bonus
$1500 Sign On Bonus with Monthly Payouts!
Crary Industries is seeking to add a Tool Designer/Weld Fixture Technician to our team. This role will be based in the West Fargo location.
POSITION OBJECTIVE AND PURPOSE
Design and fabricate fixtures and tooling required by Manufacturing to produce finished products in adherence to safety, quality and engineering standards. Maintain and update existing tooling and fixtures as required by engineering change orders.
· Design and fabricate fixtures and tooling in 3D CAD modeling software (Creo) to meet manufacturing requirement.
· Update existing fixtures/tooling as required.
· Perform runoffs on fabricated fixtures/tooling to ensure they meet design requirements.
· Coordinate with Manufacturing Engineering to requisition materials/parts needed to build or repair fixtures.
· Evaluate the need for outside assistance and recommends appropriate action to supervisor.
· Performs all duties in a safe, efficient manner and observes all appropriate company safety regulations.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties performed.
1. Maintains and promotes positive attitudes and behaviors.
2. Identifies improvement opportunities personally and for Crary and produces a possible solution or plan.
3. Willingness to work overtime or in another department as needed.
4. Ability to operate all fabrication and measuring equipment in tooling department as required.
5. May become certified for forklift and crane operation.
6. Performs other work-related duties as required.
College or trade school degree is preferred.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS PREFERRED
1. At least 2-3 years of tooling/fixture design experience.
2. 3D CAD modeling knowledge, preferably Creo.
3. Ability to create the proper prints required for the fabrication of the fixtures/tooling.
4. Knowledge of the materials, equipment, methods and practices used in metal fabrication.
5. Knowledge of proper ergonomic designs and safety precautions.
6. Ability to understand, follow and issue routine oral and written instructions.
7. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others. Be a team player.
The qualifications listed above are guidelines. Other combinations of education and experience could provide necessary knowledge, skills and abilities to perform this job.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and celebrate our employees’ differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.