Business Development Manager – Crary Bear Cat
Crary Industries is currently seeking a Business Development Manager to join our Bear Cat team. This role will be based in the West Fargo location.
To help Crary Bear Cat obtain better brand recognition and financial growth. The Business Development Manager will manage customer accounts and come up with new sales ideas. This includes new sales strategies, sales pitches, and business plans.
• Sales territory is primarily the US with some exposure and potential growth to other international accounts.
• Drive profitability throughout Crary’s Bear Cat and Ag business by executing strategic sales and marketing plans.
• Provide timely input for preparing both monthly and annual forecasts.
• Provide accurate market feedback regarding competition, geographic conditions and product development opportunities.
• Responsible for building strong client alliances pre and post-sale and liaison production & engineering departments in the development of customized products.
• Manage client growth by assessing their needs and collaborating with Crary Marketing and Engineering departments to develop the best product fit, ultimately increasing business.
• Serve as a product expert for customer inquiries regarding pricing, delivery, product improvements and general client maintenance.
• Utilize attentive selling and effective questioning to determine upcoming product needs by both existing and potential customers.
• Generate and process sales orders as well as maintain forecasting efforts and inventory levels in Crary Industries planning software; IFS.
• Network with various internal departments to implement short and long term strategies to deliver services, manage timelines and track deliverables.
• Identify and target potential clients within, but not limited to, the OPE and Agricultural industry.
• High school diploma; College or Tech School experience is preferred: basic computer skills are necessary
• This individual will have experience in developing and executing effective market strategies that drive growth. A fundamental knowledge and/or the aptitude to learn Outdoor Power Equipment (OPE), Ag and related products. Individual should have some experience in sales related activities. Experience in, and some involvement in both wholesale and retail sales is preferred but not mandatory.
• Experience in Outdoor Power Equipment, Agricultural or Industrial tools/equipment industry
• Goal-oriented, organized team player
• Encouraging to team and staff; able to mentor and lead
• Eager to expand the company with new sales, clients, and territories
• Able to analyze data and sales statistics and translate results into better solutions
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Able to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
• Self-motivated and self-directed
• Experienced at compiling and following strict budgets
• Experienced at preparing and presenting quarterly goals and forecasts for future projects
• Comfortable in both a leadership and team-player role
• Creative problem solver who thrives when presented with a challenge
• Bachelor’s degree in business, administration, or related field
• Three to five years of previous experience in sales, management, customer service, finance, administration, or related field
• Demonstrated and proven sales results
• Proficient computer skills, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel)
• Fluent communication in person, on the phone, and in email
• Abide by all non-compete/solicit agreements The qualifications listed above are guidelines. Other combinations of education and experience could provide necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform this job.