Business Unit Director – Crary Ag Division
Crary Industries is seeking a Business Unit Director for our Crary Ag Division. This role will be based in the West Fargo, ND location. The Business Unit Director is a key member of the Crary executive team, directly responsible for the leadership of the company’s Crary Agricultural Division.
The Crary Ag Business Unit Director will oversee and implement a comprehensive strategy and work closely with regional Sales, Product Management, Marketing, Engineering, and Customer Support teams to drive product development, business performance, meeting customer needs, analyzing the competitive landscape, and identifying and developing market opportunities. The Crary Ag Business Unit Director will define product, pricing, positioning, and promotion strategies. The Director must be an analytical thinker, possess a strong business acumen, be able to communicate effectively to a variety of audiences, rationalize data and provide practical recommendations.
Responsible for overseeing the development of the business unit’s goals and objectives. Work to increase business revenue, identify and develop business opportunities and expand the company’s presence and brand.
· Achieve company weekly monthly, quarterly, and annual sales revenue targets through Territory sales resources across the US and Canada with increased exposure and potential growth to other international accounts
· Coordinate and deliver accurate weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual sales forecasts and sales reports in coordination with Territory sales resources
· To be responsible for communication and coordination of issues of product needs and development with Crary Ag Engineering. This includes:
o Being the individual responsible for originating all Engineering Change Requests, or “ECR’s”
o To coordinate with engineering regarding the status of open ECR’s. All requested changes should be communicated via ECR
o To prepare for any and all product meetings regarding any product. To document issues, decisions, and action plans with regard to each product
· To initiate, distribute, and update all new product requests
· Work cross-functionally with dedicated engineering, design, product marketing, and other product groups to build, deliver, and constantly improve the next generation of product
· Responsible for Business Unit P&Ls, inventory, budgeting, and profitability
· Manage client growth by assessing their needs and collaborating with Engineering departments to develop the best product fit with the goal of increasing customer acquisition and retaining existing customers
· Serve as a product expert for salesman/customer inquiries regarding pricing, delivery, product improvements and general client maintenance
· Monitors the creation and development of new products, performing ongoing market research, tracking customer satisfaction, participating in the product decision making process, and measuring product success
· Coordinates product introduction and market expansion
· Develop an annual plan including sales targets by product, geography and Territory Sales Manager, target customers, activity metrics and customer satisfaction metrics
· Provide accurate market feedback regarding competition, geographic conditions, and product development opportunities.
· Develop territory analysis and sales resource planning with Territory Managers. Develop and manage the hiring process within each Territory
· Administer performance reviews and evaluations
· Provide direct training, coaching, and mentoring to direct reports as a team and individually
· Develop strong matrix management skills and communications throughout the organization, and specifically with Territory Managers and Independent Dealer Stores to achieve revenue and customer satisfaction goals.
Education (technical and/or commercial):
· A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business, Marketing, or comparable experience
· 8+ years’ experience in product management, engineering, business management, sales/marketing management or related field
· Proven track record of producing positive sales results contributing to growth.
· Good fundamental knowledge and experience in OEM sales and successfully managing sales personnel
· Desire and aptitude to learn basic electrical, hydraulic and air flow systems
· Experience in the Agricultural industry and/or vendor relations is a plus
· Success in creating positive customer experience and loyalty
· Ability to demonstrate effective knowledge of products, industry, and competition
· Ability to develop and execute sales training and skill building for company sales resources
· Successful execution of sales process, tools, and systems
· Successful and established experience in both direct selling and management roles
· Ability to clearly communicate and build trusting relationships with employees, customers, industry influencers and management team
· Effectively train, coach and mentor team resources to achieve each individual’s full potential. Extensive people management across multiple disciplines.
· Be the model customer-oriented sales leader and salesperson as an example for the organization
· Achieve sales targets through effective direct selling activity and management of sales resources
· Ability to learn and communicate technical and product attributes and concepts to fulfill customer goals and priorities
· Ability to negotiate directly with customers to close important transactions in a timely manner
· Ability to drive and accept change, maintain flexibility, and demonstrate high levels of emotional maturity to build trusting relationships and achieve performance goals
· Ability to use automated productivity tools to train team members to manage pipeline, develop analysis, make presentations, and communicate effectively with all audiences
· Ability to work across multiple product lines and geographies, actively and effectively aligning products to opportunities and opportunities to products
Equal Employment Opportunity
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and celebrate our employees’ differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Please send your resume to email@example.com