Crary Industries is seeking a Maintenance Technician to join our team. This role will be based in the West Fargo location.
· Under limited supervision performs maintenance and repairs of mechanical machinery, electronic equipment and electrical systems, and other preventative maintenance and repairs on a regular basis throughout the company.
To perform all mechanical, electrical, building and grounds maintenance programs and services in a manner which will promote safe and efficient operations and maintain company property in a clean manner.
· Performs all duties in a safe, efficient manner and observes all appropriate Company safety regulations.
· Performs preventative maintenance on a regular basis to plant machinery and equipment including adding/changing coolants, lubricants and filters, greasing, cleaning exteriors, etc.
· Fabricates guards, shields and other devices as assigned, to improve the safety and /or operational features of machines.
· Performs general maintenance and repair work as assigned, including painting, plumbing, carpentry and replacing lights, etc.
· Performs machine start up to insure proper operation.
· Performs facility maintenance projects as needed or assigned.
· Coordinates with supervisor to requisition required parts and supplies for repair work.
· Maintains records/reports as required.
· Performs outside grounds maintenance (summer and winter) as directed.
· Performs all duties in the most cost efficient and cost-effective manner.
· Maintains work area and tools in a neat and orderly condition.
· Evaluate the need for outside assistance and recommends appropriate action to supervisor.
· Forklift & rigging certification required (training will be provided).
· Willingness to work overtime, another shift or another department as needed.
· Identifies improvement opportunities personally and for Crary and produces a possible solution or plan.
· Maintains and promotes positive attitudes and behaviors.
· Performs other work-related duties as required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties performed by personnel so classified.
· Graduation from high school or equivalent.
· At least 2 -3 years of mechanical/electrical and facility repair experience
· Knowledge of related safety requirements to include proper use of safety equipment and proper safety precautions.
· Knowledge of the equipment, materials, methods and practices used in maintenance operations.
· Ability to properly diagnose and repair mechanical tool machinery, electrical systems and facility issues.
· Ability to monitor and help develop a preventative maintenance program in a production environment.
· Ability to read and interpret facility blueprints and equipment specifications.
· Ability to understand, follow and issue routine oral and written instructions.
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
· Good understanding of equipment capabilities to ensure safe operation.
The qualifications listed above are guidelines. Other combinations of education and experience could provide necessary knowledge, skills and abilities to perform this job.
**This is a safety sensitive position**
Equal Employment Opportunity
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and celebrate our employees’ differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org