Parts Associate – Lockwood – Paul, Idaho
The role of Parts Associate at Lockwood of Idaho is responsible for delivering efficient and reliable service to meet customer needs, both internal and external. This includes welding, fabrication, setup of new equipment, repair of trades and maintenance of equipment, as well as customer service calls. which may involve troubleshooting problems in the field. The Parts Associate should encourage a strong team spirit and create a professional and friendly environment that makes both the customer and fellow employees feel important and appreciated. The overall operation must be efficient, reliable, and add value to our customer loyalty.
- Develop and maintain strong customer relations to enhance dealership image of quality service.
- Responsible for having a working knowledge of the store software system and using it to maintain inventory levels and profitability of the Parts Department.
- Promote parts sales at the parts counter.
- Responsible for the ordering of parts marketing programs.
- Responsible of Parts Department advertisement and flyer mailings.
- Check packing slips to invoices and code necessary account numbers.
- Meet customer deadlines, including internal and external customers. If unable to meet promised time of completion, immediately notify appropriate persons so that the customer may be advised. This may include communication with the Store Manager, Sales Manager, and customers.
- Must have a strong desire to give customers value for their money by providing high quality repairs to equipment sold by the store.
- Assist and recommend in the preparation of the Parts Department budget.
- Authorize all controllable expenses relating to the Parts Department.
- Responsible for surplus returns to Lockwood store.
- Responsible for store display area, always clean and organized.
- Promote good working relations between fellow employees and develop team spirit and positive morale.
- Customer Relations and Service (Internal and External Customers):
- Estimate equipment repair quotes.
- Answer customer technical questions.
- Review work orders and determine charges and adjustments before invoicing out.
- Recording of proper repairs and time are essential to give accountability to our customers. This includes correct processing of vendor invoices placed on service orders.
- Promote Annual Service Inspections to store customers.
- Give assistance to fellow employees when required.
- All other items that may be assigned from time to time by Management
Education (technical and/or commercial):
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Three years’ experience with equipment repair
- Some experience with the cutting and welding of metal
Job experience (years and type of experience):
- 3-5 years experience in a parts or service department in the following industries: agriculture, construction or automotive preferred
- Agriculture background, preferred
- Experience working on farm equipment including tractors, combines, sprayers, mowers
- Ability to troubleshoot, test, repair and service technical equipment
- Experience with hydraulic systems & electronic controls
- Able to organize and work independently
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to work flexible shifts and to adapt to changing work schedules
- Travel may be required during busy seasons
- Familiarity with mobile tools and applications
- Ability to use standard desktop load applications such as Microsoft
Office and internet functions
- Ability to write and speak effectively to individuals and groups
- Basic understanding of financial principles relative to Parts and Service Department operations
- Ability to analyze and interpret internal reports
- Ability to work extended hours and weekends
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to effectively lead and work as a member of a team current product knowledge of agriculture driven equipment
- Operation of powered machinery safely and efficiently
- Able to use simple measuring equipment.
- Perform testing and support on prototypes as required
- Communicate both verbally and in written form results of machines, tests, etc.
- Keep shop area and test area clean and organized
**This is a safety sensitive position**
- Ability to sit for long periods of time and to stand for various periods of time
- Able to work on hard surfaces for extended periods of time
- Stooping, bending, and reaching to full height is mandatory
- Capable of, unassisted, lift 50-pound weight from the floor and carry it 50 feet
- Ability to use tools or controls as required for job completion, as well as the ability to climb or balance
- Ability to work in various positions in varying limited spaces, including reaching with hands and arms, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling or walking
Equal Employment Opportunity:
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and celebrate our employees’ differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Parts or Service: 3 years (Preferred)
Please send your resume to email@example.com