Crary Industries is currently seeking a Purchasing Associate to join our team. This role will be based in the West Fargo location.
To help purchase assigned commodities at a competitive price to support the manufacturing requirements of the company.
- Purchase broad variety of items requiring extensive and specialized knowledge
- Purchase products at a competitive price
- Reschedule purchase orders with vendors to insure on time delivery and accommodate schedule changes
- Coordinate with purchasing to ensure the availability of purchased components to meet the production schedule when changes are made within standard lead-time
- Assist in vendor selection
- Work with accounts payable and suppliers to address discrepancies between the purchase order cost and the invoiced cost when needed
- Coordinates with sales, engineering, accounting and other departments, as necessary, concerning the production/availability status to meet customer orders
- Keep management informed of price changes that will affect sale price of our product
- Keep the Material Manager informed of important developments, potential problems and related information necessary for effective management.
- Work with the quality department and vendors to resolve quality issues when needed along with facilitating the return of nonconforming components.
- Performs related duties as needed by supervisor
· Two years college preferred
- One to two years-prior experiences in the purchasing or manufacturing environment preferred.
- Maintain honest integrity with all vendors and fellow workers
- Knowledge of production planning and quality control principles a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of MS Office
- Logical organizational and problem-solving skills
- Strong regard for product quality and safety standards
- Able to work well under pressure
- Able to organize and work independently
- Excellent computer skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Detail oriented
- Problem solver attitude
- Able to work with a variety of people in a professional manner
- Detail oriented with strong planning and monitoring skills
- Ability to perform the required data entry tasks
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of company personnel at all levels
The qualifications listed above are guidelines. Other combinations of education and experience could provide necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform this job.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
- Purchasing: 2 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org