Manufacturing R&D Technician
Crary Industries is currently seeking a Manufacturing R&D Technician. This role will be based in the West Fargo location.
The R&D Technician follows procedures and conducts product development, performance testing prototyping and troubleshooting. Perform research and development duties, including planning, organizing, scheduling, and tracking work activities for prototypes. This role will work cooperatively with other members in manufacturing across multiple product lines and will lead the R&D Team.
- Diagnosing mechanical failures and conducting fabrication/repairs/part installations on prototype and current production equipment by referencing engineering prints, models, specifications, and work order instructions
- Use hand tools, power tools, and other instruments to complete mechanical tasks
- Collaborating with design and test engineers on prototype equipment to evaluate reparability and provide recommendations along with testing equipment after reassembly to ensure proper functionality
- Help develop new manufacturing process
- Execute testing and data collection
- Keep shop area and test area clean and organize
- Builds prototype disposables, fixtures, equipment, sub-systems
- Develop test methods for new tests
- Process validation builds
- Training with/working with production
- Understand the use of testing equipment to aid Engineering component and system testing
- Operate heavy equipment such as tractors, forklifts, etc.
- Experience and technical knowledge of heavy-duty off-road equipment
- Ability to operate heavy equipment such as tractors, forklifts, etc
- Experience with welding
- Working knowledge of mechanical, hydraulic, and electrical systems
- Experience using large and power tools
- Ability to use overhead cranes moving large tractor substructures and components
- Interpret blueprints, drawings, and sketches to fabricate proto-type parts, machines, and test standards
- Acquired knowledge to read and interpret technical engineering documents and drawings
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Enhanced attention to details
- Able to organize and work independently
- Able to comply with all company rules and regulations
- Able to analyze and plan
- Able to, unassisted, lift 50 pound weight from the floor and carry it 50 feet
- Able to stoop, bend and reach to full height
- Able to stand on hard surface for periods up to 3 hours in duration
- Able to exert a downward force with the right arm of 25 pounds
The qualifications listed above are guidelines. Other combinations of education and experience could provide necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform this job.
- High school diploma or equivalent, college degree preferred
- 2 or more years’ experience in a manufacturing environment
Equal Opportunity Employment:
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and celebrate our employees’ differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.