Crary Industries is seeking a Service Technician to join our team.
A motivated Service Technician to provide technical, efficient and reliable service and repair to potato equipment, both in the field and at the service location. This role will also be responsible for delivering equipment primarily locally. The role of Service Technician plays a crucial role by providing exceptional customer service to our customers by installing, servicing/repairing equipment, and interacting with customers.
• Provide service and customer support during field visits or dispatches
• Inspect, diagnose, repair and service mechanical, electrical and electronic systems and components
• Tie workflow to schedule
• Manage all on site installation, repair, maintenance and test tasks
• Diagnose errors or technical problems and determine proper solutions
• Produce timely and detailed service reports
• Document processes
• Operate vehicle in a safely manner and use field automation systems
• Follow all company’s filed procedures and protocols
• Cooperate with technical team and share information across the organization
• Comprehend customer requirements and make appropriate recommendations/briefings
• Build positive relationships with customers
• Perform major repair and replacement of mechanical units
• High School graduate or equivalent
• Valid Class A CDL License highly preferred
• Two years’ experience with equipment repair preferred
• Some experience with the cutting and welding of metal
• Proven field service experience with agricultural equipment
• Ability to troubleshoot, test, repair and service technical equipment
• Extensive experience with hydraulic systems & electronic controls
• Able to organize and work independently
• English literacy
• Ability to work flexible shifts and to adapt to changing work schedules
• Extended travel may be required during busy seasons
• Familiarity with mobile tools and applications
• Valid driver license and the ability to achieve CDL
• Complete set of hand tools required
• Capable of, unassisted, lift 50-pound weight from the floor and carry it 50 feet
• Stooping, bending and reaching to full height is mandatory
• Able to work on hard surfaces for extended periods of time
• Operation of powered machinery safely and efficiently
• Able to use simple measuring equipment.
• Perform testing and support on prototypes as required
• Demonstrated ability to cut, machine, form and weld parts
• Interpret blueprints, drawings, and sketches to fabricate proto-type parts
• Assemble proto-type machines and test equipment per engineering drawings
• Assist in developing tests and testing of prototypes machines
• Communicate both verbally and in written form results of machines, tests, etc.
• Keep shop area and test area clean and organized.
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
**This is a safety sensitive position**
• Ability to sit for long periods of time and to stand for various periods of time
• Ability to lift up to 80 pounds
• Ability to use tools or controls as required for job completion, as well as the ability to climb or balance
• Ability to work in various positions in varying limited spaces, including reaching with hands and arms, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling or walking